The old pharmaceuticals business model had become a burning platform. It was hard to find blockbuster drugs – only niche ones with high costs and far lower revenue. Fewer prescriptions were being fulfilled. Patients had no relationship with major pharmaceutical firms and Doctors had far less opportunity to influence them. While results were still good, the future looked bleak.
This massive, multi-national pharmaceutical company knew they needed a transformational business strategy and customer experience that would create strong market pull for their drugs, directly, from patients.
What we did:
- We assessed the current business strategy, level of customer focus and understanding
- We worked with the senior leadership team, guided them to understand the impact that increased customer focus would have on business results and how to bring it about
- We started with a pilot team, helping them to develop a customer focused mind set
- We reviewed the current customer experience, from the patient’s, Doctor’s and insurer’s perspective
- At each step we fed the results back to the pilot team to help evolve their thinking
- We guided the pilot team to work out how to develop a strong relationship with each of the customer groups and build trust
- We led them to define precise objectives, strategies, an action plan and metrics that they could track
- We mentored key people so that they could roll out the programme, train and engage the rest of the organisation